All applicants must be in possession of a full UK drivers licence and their own car.
League Area Manager - Full time, permanent position
Leisure Leagues are the largest national provider of 5 and 6-a-side football leagues in the UK with over 20 years’ experience at the forefront of the small-sided football industry. We have over 250 leagues running across the UK, which operate centrally from our large modern Head Office, located south of Birmingham.
Due to the ever expanding number of leagues which we operate, we are looking for Sport League Managers to join our Head Office team and take control of approximately 25 of our leagues, managing these leagues on a weekly basis. You will be responsible for dealing with, and building relationships with, our match officials and referees who operate our leagues from the ground, as well as liaising with teams directly to ensure the smooth-running of each league night.
- Coordinating match officials and referees for each league you operate.
- Creating match fixtures for each season.
- Dealing with any disciplinary issues at the league.
- Liaising with other office staff to help promote the league and fill any spaces.
- Speaking with teams directly when they enter the league and at the start of each season.
- Dealing with any complaints appropriately.
- Checking match reports to unearth any problems at the league.
- Ensure the web page for each league is up to date.
- Knowledge of football is not essential but may be advantageous.
- Confident and positive telephone manner.
- Highly organised.
- Able to prioritise your workload.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good decision making capacity.
Salary and benefits
- The salary offered for this position will be set according to the current salary, skills and experience of the successful candidate, but will be in the region of £16,000- £18,000. We will also consider matching or beating an applicant’s current salary above this range if appropriate
- An aggressive and achievable commission structure is in place to enable you to earn on top of your salary.
- Frequent salary increases and bonuses are available based on good performance and meeting targets. We expect our best Sport League Managers to be earning over £20,000 after 3 months.
- Promotion opportunities to other positions within our organisation
- Flexible working environment- staff can arrive anytime between 8am and 10am and can leave early on Fridays subject to the completion of their workload.
How to apply
We are always looking for strong candidates to work as Sport League Managers to deal with the growing number of new leagues which we run.
Please note that, due to the rural location of our Head Office and the lack of public transport links, we are only able to consider applicants who are able to drive and are based within a commutable distance of our office.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter, outlining your suitability for the position, to Stephanie Bullock, Executive Director, on [email protected] Please note that any applications which are submitted without a covering letter will not usually be responded to.