We run hundreds of leagues nationwide and are always on the lookout for Referees and Match Night Supervisors to join our ever growing team. If you are interested in either role, the chances are, wherever you live, we have a league near you.
We pay you an hourly rate dependent on a number of factors which we negotiate individually with you and also supply all equipment including; balls, bibs, cones.
We supply our regular Match Night Supervisors and Referees with brand new referee tops, tracksuit bottoms and padded coats which also turn to gilets for the summer months.
Our reputation for looking after our referees is unparalleled. We believe, unlike any other organisation, that the referee must always, attend a match without fear of intimidation, foul language directed at you, and in full confidence that we will support any decision you make. We know that’s important to you, and it’s vital to us.
As a new referee, you will be inducted by a member of our staff. You will then receive regular contact from a designated Area Manager for your league, who will ring each week after the league to discuss any issues or thoughts you may have.
We have a reputation for the strongest disciplinary structure of any organised football in the World.
You will be strongly urged to discipline players at every opportunity should they not obey your instructions. You are encouraged to dismiss players for offences such as swearing in your direction or consistently questioning your decisions.
Anyone that would like to apply to be a Referee/Match Night Supervisor in one of our leagues start your application today. If you want to League Manage please specify this in your application.
We believe in the following:
1. Any verbal abuse, including single swear words towards a referee, should result in a permanent ban for that player or team for all Leisure Leagues competitions- forever.
2. If players are violent on the pitch then that should be dealt with by the police, not the governing body or league organiser.
3. Violence or abuse on the pitch should be treated exactly the same as if it were on the street.
4.Players and teams should not be allowed to play in a league where the referee that dealt with them initially, referees. If in doubt, the player or team simply cannot play. The referee is in charge and their views take precedent.
5. The referee should be treated with respect, as they are in rugby and hockey, and if they are not we don’t want those players in our leagues.
6. It shouldn’t be about money to keep a team in a league. If the referee doesn’t want them in the league then they shouldn’t be playing.
7. We never take the word of a player over and above the word of a referee.
8. We don’t believe in committees handing out insignificant punishments. If a player is abusive to a referee, they simply don’t play- ever.
9. If a referee recommends to us that a player or team might in the future cause a problem then we remove that player or team immediately. The referee is the sole authority on who plays or doesn’t play in the league.